The Wakefield UU Church has three Community Ministries that represent our principles and commitments:
- a Welcoming Ministry, creating a safe space and honoring the worth and dignity of each person;
- a Social Justice Ministry, an expression of our UU principles in the community;
- and the Music Ministry, touching hearts with the universal language of music.
The programs of these ministries express the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism and the unique capabilities and interests of our membership.
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Other activities supported by the congregation include: